The LEED AP exams measure knowledge about green building, a specific LEED rating system and the certification process. The exam is ideal for individuals who are actively working on green building and LEED projects.
- Prep: Review our study materials and access exam prep resources.
- Exam: The combined exam includes the LEED Green Associate and LEED AP with specialty exams. Current LEED Green Associates can take the specialty-only portion. You have the option to take the exam at a Prometric Testing Center or from home as a remote proctored online exam. Review exam details.
- Maintain: LEED APs must earn 30 continuing education hours within two years of passing their exam. Access CMP information.
Preparing for the exam
LEED AP exam formats & procedures
- Fees: Combined exam: $550 ($400 for USGBC members) / Specialty only: $350 ($250 for USGBC members)
- Prerequisites/eligibility requirements: Must hold a current LEED Green Associate credential and be 18 years of age or older. Experience working on LEED-registered projects is strongly recommended.
- Format: Combined exam: 100 multiple-choice questions per section / Specialty only: 100 multiple-choice questions. There are two ways to take the exam: you have the option to take the exam at a Prometric Testing Center or from home as a remote proctored online exam.
- Language: Translation aids are available in Arabic, Brazilian Portuguese, Chinese, French and Spanish for the BD+C and O+M exams. Learn more.
- Scoring: A passing score of 170 out of 200.
- Rescheduling and cancellations: Permitted up to 3 days prior to exam. Some fees may apply. Learn more.